by Uncle Larry Roussel
2 sticks of butter
1 large onion (diced)
2 celery ribs, (diced)
1 pound/ 1 quart of John Morrel easy cut ham
1 quart of fresh diced potatoes
1 level tablespoon of Uncle Larry’s seasoning & flavor enhancer
1/3 cup Gold Medal Wondra flour
1 quart of heavy whipping cream
1 pound of Velveeta white cheese (optional)
whole milk (optional)
- Melt 1 stick of butter in a five quart sauce pan.
- Add diced onion and celery, sauté on medium heat until the onion clears/softens.
- Add the cubed ham and continue to sauté until the ham heats up. (Stir often.)
- Add the potatoes and Uncle Larry’s, sauté a little longer until the potatoes heat up. (Stir often.)
- Now, add the flour and stir well to incorporate into the mixture.
- Add the whipping cream, stir well and continue cooking on medium high heat until the soup approaches a boiling pot.
- Reduce heat to a simmer, then, add chunks of the cheese, stir well, allow the cheese to melt and incorporate into your soup.
- If your soup Is too thick for your likeness, add a little whole milk, ¼ cup at a time, to thin soup.
- Turn off the burner, cause, it is “Time To Eat.”